- Each payment processor would provide a certified payment application running in semi integrated mode configured to communicate with their particular host.
- This payment application accepts the amount and transaction ID from the POS system (semi integrated mode) as well as from the terminal keyboard (stand alone mode)
- Thus the payment processor would ship a single version of their payment application with the final configuration being determined at the end user site
- There is no need to orient each POS vendor with their proprietary interface and protocols as this process is handled by Paymentree thus removing the processor from having to certify each POS system (in effect Paymentree certifies each POS product)
- There is no need to recertify each POS vendor with every change made to the terminal application as this process only involves Paymentree